Tait Communications – 2 week activity, $1.5m benefit
LMAC Customer Experience
Tait Communications produce critical communications equipment in Christchurch. Faced with a sudden and temporary demand of 4 times their production capacity for hand-held radios, they were faced with a rapid response or missing out on a $1.5m opportunity.
- No time to recruit for a 2nd shift
- No time or budget for additional production equipment
- In-line equipment Cycle Time constraints
- Rapid in-house production of temporary jigs
- “table-top” processing lines set up
- Temporary materials delivery system introduced
- Bottleneck equipment inventory system
- In-line process taken off-line to supply 2 lines
“Through the Rapid Jishuken activity we were able to re-engineer our processes to produce 300% of our previous maximum capacity within 2 weeks”
Chris Patient Group Logistics, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Manager,
Increase in volume output on the focus SMT production line.
Increase in volume output across all SMT lines.
Direct business benefit in 6 months.
Contact us to get started now