Collection of your personal information
We may collect personal information, including (without limitation) your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
We also collect anonymous demographic information, such as your postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests
Third party websites
This Website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. When visiting a third party website from hyperlinks displayed on this Website (“third party websites”), we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be collected, used and shared. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content of third party websites or for the manner in which those websites collect, hold, use, and distribute any personal information you provide.
Links to social networking services
We do use social networking services such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google + and YouTube to communicate with the public about our services. When you communicate with us using these services, the social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services have their own privacy policies which are independent of ours, and we encourage you to review these.
Use and disclosure
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
We may use your personal information to:
• operate the Website and deliver the services you have requested.
• verify your identity and to assist you if you forget your username or password for any of the services we provide to you via the internet;
• improve the content of this Website and to customise this Website (including advertising) to your preferences;
• respond to you, if you lodge a complaint, make a comment, or give feedback through the Website;
• analyse usage of this Website; and
If you have opted in to:
• inform you (including by periodic newsletters) of other content, products or services available from us and/or the Website;
• contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of our current services or of potential new services that we may offer;
• provide you with further information, news, and promotional material;
• send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email, about our content, products and services, events and special offers; and
• provide you with advertising and information about the products and services of carefully selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose, sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties, unless you have opted in to third party communications, in which case we may share some of your details with carefully selected third parties so that they can provide you with advertising and information about products, services and events that may be of interest to you. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of third parties about a particular offering. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
We may also share information that does not personally identify anyone with the public or other businesses like publishers, advertisers or web-developers. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We will only use or disclose your personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
• for the above-mentioned purposes;
• if we are a
• if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, or customers, or others;
• if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions.
Storage and security
Personal information collected on this Website is collected and held by LMAC NZ Ltd. We will take reasonable steps to secure personal information that is held by us from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
Right to access and correct
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your
If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can put this right. You can call the Privacy Commissioner’s privacy hotline: 0800 803 909.
Last updated: December 2018
Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are small text files that are placed in your browser by the websites you visit. They are widely used to help users navigate websites efficiently, to perform certain functions on the sites, and/or to provide site owners with information about how their sites are used.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting have been enabled on the Website and as a